Tomorrow is the last day before half term break. It will be taken up with Film and New Tech. It looks that my study/reading week will be interrupted by Student Ambassador training days - I can do 2.5 of them, but I don't want it to significantly eat into my coursework. I also have to submit timesheets and my bursary form or I won't get paid til the following month. I have a few ideas in regards to rethinking a few things - we'll have to wait and see how things pan out.
Work to be sorted:
- I have the action plan, need to read a few things first e.g. Jeffrey Euginides' The Virgin Suicides and see if Gender Theory would be more suited than Feminist Theory (research Foucault/Lacan).
- Will also have to research Vladimir Propp, plus Freud on sex and death (Eros/Thanatos).
- Vocational - basically getting myself into print. Again, I have an action plan but I will have to steamline e.g. Who are my target audiences? What genre? etc.
Four short stories, a mixture of flash fiction or shorter. Reworked fairy tale and/or gothic. Competitions that aren't pricey and mix/match Writer's Magazines/links online, plus consult Writers' & Artists Year Book 2015
3) The Romantics - Create Powerpoint Presentation on Jean-Jacques Rousseau (<------- I know absolutely nothing about him as yet).
4) Contx/Film - Consider my choice of auteur in Film (Tim Burton).
I am concerned that I will be expected to do more than that AND fit in the extra curricular training as well.
*has sinking feeling*