So, metaphorically I have nearly finished laying the pipes, then I will be filling in the holes - later to tarmac.
Woo Hoo! I've actually finished it !!! Meshed, mended and filled - 2,050 words. Yay! Onward to the penultimate assignment IN3 - Can literature have a political purpose? (1,000 words).
I have several possible essay planners here:
1) Define literature/define politics - Can it be political?
2) Select 2 texts - 1 political/1 not political. Paragraph for each explaining why.
3) Final paragraph main article.
1) Focus on works that ARE political - state your intention (it does).
2) Prove it with chosen works.
1) As Plan A
2) Writer's Intention/Reader's Interpretation.
3) Nursery rhymes/Children's Story
4) Old School - maybe Swift/Orwell (or not - may have to use H.G. Wells Brave New World).
5) Modern day - political satire e.g. HIGNFY, Private Eye etc.
6) Conclusion using Writer's Intention/Reader's Interpretation.
Have a feeling that Plan 3 might be the way to go (or the one that gives me the most elbow room). Right now, I am at planner stage, carefully following the grid. One day, it will all make sense :-)